Q.  Do I need to leave the speaker connected while using the line out.
A.  Yes, the amplifier needs to see a load equivalent to either 4 or 8 ohms depending on your amp.

Q.  What is the difference between input #1 and #2?
A.  Input #1 is your high gain or normal input and #2 is the low gain input.

Q.  What reverb or delay pedal do you use?
A.  I use the Lone Wolf Harp Delay pedal to wet my sound slightly.  I have also used the Dan Echo and Boss RV-5 pedals with success.  The Lone Wolf pedal is my favorite.  See my review of the pedal in the news section under October 07.

Q.  Where is the line out?
A.  The line out is on the bottom of the chassis inside the back.   The line out and the speaker jack are marked with an acrylic name plate and easy to reach.

Q.  What are the speaker options and what comes with the amp.
A.  The HG2 come with a Weber signature series 8" smooth cone alnico speaker.  The Double Trouble comes stock with two Weber signature series 8" alnico speakers.  Through considerable testing I find that these speakers compliments the amp quite well and gives the amp a great sound. 

Q.  What mics work best with your amps and what do you use?
A.  I personally use Controlled Magnetic elements in green bullets from various sources, a JT-30 with an MC-151 crystal and I also like the Bottle O Blues Microphone from Jim McBride.  All of these mics sound great with the amp.  I know of many other players who love a large variety of mics with these amps also.  From my own personal experience all mics interact with different amps differently.  There are super strong elements and weak ones.  There are dark elements and bright ones.  Every mic has its own character and I suggest you try it or hear sound samples of the particular mic you are looking at if possible before purchasing one.

Q.  Do you sell covers for your amps?
A. Yes I do.  Please feel free to ask me about them.

Q.  How long will it take from the time I order my amp until it ships?
A.  I usually keep amps in stock and ready to ship so it will usually go out in days.  Sometimes due to the high volume of orders it may take up to 2 weeks.  If there will be any delay you will be informed before ordering. 

Q.  How can I pay for my amp?
A.  You can pay with any major credit card, Pay Pal or I accept cashier and money orders.  I will invoice you after we discuss your personal amp and I will assist you in any way possible to make the payment method convenient for you.

Q.  What is the warranty on your amps?
A.  I warranty the amplifier free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year.   Tubes are warrantied for 3 months.

Q.  Do your amplifiers work for guitar.
A.  Absolutely.  I have numerous guitar players who have bought and use my amplifiers for professional shows.  The tone is still great whether it be for harp or guitar.

Q.  Do you offer NOS tubes?
A.  I do when they are available.  I usually keep them in stock but matched pairs of NOS tubes are becoming scarcer.

Q.  Do you offer your amps in different coverings?
A.  Yes,  let me know what you are looking for and I will quote the amplifier with that covering.  It may take up to 8 weeks for special orders as all custom cabinets are built to order.

Q.  Should I use a 1/4" to 1/4" guitar cable for the line out or a 1/4" to XLR?
A.  Just use a 1/4" to 1/4" cable and go to the HiZ input on the board.  Remember to leave the speaker connected.

Q.  Do you have a manual for your amplifiers?
A.  Click here for manuals.

If you have any questions you don't see here or any recommendations please email me at: brian@harpgear.com .  I will include them.